- Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images
- Is this the gesture John Kerry makes when he's dismissing Benjamin Netanyahu?
Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read:
• That blue northern cities and red southern states share something in common: income inequality? —Mick Dumke
• About the need for pre-pre-K programs that will help poor kids from the start? —Steve Bogira
• That John Kerry has discouraged Benjamin Netanyahu from building another settlement in the West Bank? —Ben Sachs
• An account of a recent visit to eastern Ukraine—and about people on both sides of the conflict? —John Dunlevy
• About what might be behind Mayor Rahm's support of a Comcast-Time Warner merger? (Money. It's money.) —Gwynedd Stuart
• About the fire hydrants that draw the most tickets in Chicago? —Leor Galil
• About artist Enrique Gomez de Molina, who uses taxidermy to create bizarre hybrid creatures and ended up on the wrong side of the law? —Tony Adler
• This philosophical explanation of how Hello Kitty can not be a cat even though she totally looks like one? —Aimee Levitt