- cosciansky/Wikimedia Commons
- Brian Eno: Ambient 5, Music for Hospitals?
Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read:
• That Big Beer has broken with Big Guns? (Adolphus Busch IV quit the NRA.) —Tony Adler
• About Reuters prematurely declaring George Soros dead? —John Dunlevy
• That after witnessing both the Boston bombings and the Waco fertilizer plant explosion, a Texas man would like to stay away from deadly blasts for a while? —Mick Dumke
• That Procter & Gamble, which still markets skin-lightening products around the world, will present a screening Sunday of a documentary designed to celebrate the beauty of black women? —Steve Bogira
• About the new memoir by Greg Bellow about his father, Saul, who evidently asked a friend before dying, "Was I a man or a jerk?" —Kate Schmidt
• In advance of the NBA playoffs, which start tomorrow, this profile of Milwaukee Bucks shooting guard Monta Ellis? —Tal Rosenberg
• That Brian Eno has created light and sound installations for a hospital in Hove, England, that are intended to aid in the healing process of patients? —Kevin Warwick
• This e-mail from a University of Maryland sorority girl who channels the spirit of Alec Baldwin in Glengarry Glen Ross to berate her sisters for their social awkwardness with Sigma Nu guys during Greek Week? —Aimee Levitt