The Gene Siskel Film Center has released the schedule for the 11th European Union Film Festival, which runs March 7 through April 13. Though many Chicago film festivals have been contracting, the EU Fest just keeps getting bigger: this year's edition offers a whopping 61 features, almost all of them screening in the Chicago area for the first time. Among the highlights:
• From Austria, Ulrich Seidl's Import Export (3/8, 3/11).
• From Finland, Aku Louhimies's Frozen Land (3/23, 3/24).
• From France, Olivier Assayas's Boarding Gate (pictured, 3/8, 3/12), Claude Chabrol's A Girl Cut in Two (3/23, 3/25), Claude Lelouch's Roman de Gare (3/16), and Guillaume Canet's Tell No One (3/15, 3/18).
• From Hungary, Robert Koltai's Train Keeps a Rollin' (3/29, 3/31).
• From the Netherlands, Albert ter Heerdt's Kicks.
• From Portugal, Paul Auster's The Inner Life of Martin Frost (3/15, 3/18).
• From Sweden, Johan Kling's Darling (3/14, 3/19) and Klaus Haro's The New Man (3/30, 4/1).