* Chicago: the city's that's too corrupt for casinos.
* Wait, what?
"[Chicago] may be the only city in the world where architecture ranks as a sport.
"Bleachers are erected around construction sites so the locals can sit and watch cranes swing steel beams into place."
I'm in, if someone would tell me where to go.
* The University of Chicago: on the forefront of mouse chimeras.
* The city of Chicago: on the forefront of foreclosures and rising taxes.
* Lede of the week: "The Davinci Robot is like a giant metal bug -- an alien piercing Eric Hedberg's chest again and again."
* Dennis Hastert: really, really done with being a politician.