* Sasha Frere-Jones takes on Fall Out Boy in the New Yorker (best line: "Fall Out Boy is the main topic of Fall Out Boy songs.") and the age-old issue of authenticity.
* Speaking of authenticity, Chicago Review Press's Yuval Taylor is discussing his new book, Faking It: The Quest for Authenticity in Popular Music, at 57th Street Books on Tuesday; he and coauthor Hugh Barker have a fascinating blog on the subject.
* Coudal is experimenting with a snail-mail swapmeet.
* Over at the Chicago Reporter, Angelica Herrera is blogging from Mexico about the immigrant journey from there to Chicago.
* Deadspin had the good taste to solicit a White Sox preview from Claire Zulkey.